Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Great Voodini

I've written before about my fascination with magic sets. I found this Transogram Voodini set at an estate sale last week.  It was mixed in with a Marshall Brodien magic set.  It dates from 1959.




 There are some old standards here including the "vase and ball" and the rubber band "red snapper" trick.


 The Magic Tag trick is kind of cool, but my 7-year-old daughter figured it out in about 30 seconds.  The illusion is you have a person select one of the three tags and while your back is turned.  They hand the the tag behind your back and you identify the color.  The trick is, each tag has a different configuration of reinforcement circles at the top hole (as you can see, the green has none on the front (or back), the blue has none on the back, and the red has both.

 I used to love these Take-A-Part puzzles when I was a kid.  My brother bought me a huge set of them and I spent hours taking them apart and putting them back together.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...