Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween Post-mortem

Well, I survived the Countdown to Halloween.  I didn't think I'd have enough material, but I actually had more than enough.  43 posts in 31 days.  Whether it was all worthy remains a matter of opinion.

I gained 7 followers (and I thank you all) and discovered some new blogs to follow myself.  I also gathered my highest number of hits in a month since I've been writing this blog.  I came just short of 5,000 hits which I'm sure is a mere pittance compared to others out there, but it's about 2,000 over my average tally.

My posts will be slowing down now as I return to normal, particularly with the waning of the garage sale season (even though I manged to hit one today.  Didn't find anything.).  But stick around for the Christmas season as I unveil the past year's Christmas finds (and there a lot of them).

For now, I'll leave you with a final Halloween image.  From the November 1969 issue of Family Circle I give you "Apple Uglies".  Thank you and good night.



10 comments:

  1. congratulations on the successful month! this recipe reminds me that i used to really like those black huckleberry-type candies they used on the eyes in the photo. can you still get them, i wonder? i'll need to do some investigation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've neer heard of huckleberry candies. Sounds like something grandma would have had.

      Delete
  2. Hey Tom congrats hope you had as much fun as I did. I always look forward to this time of the year for my blog. Your blog made me smile this season I really enjoyed stopping by, Can't wait to see your post's for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, I enjoyed yours as well. I'll keep coming back.

      Delete
  3. Congrats and thanks for the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. It was a challenge to keep them coming. Not content wise, I certainly had plenty of material. Just putting the posts together and saying something mildly interesting about them (okay, even "mildly" might be a little strong).

      Delete
  4. Just getting round to reading everyone's blogs now after spending so long trying to get mine done! Glad to hear you've had a successful month..that's whats so great about the Countdown! Making all these new connections and finding new blogs to follow... :)

    Oh yeah, I just followed you too by the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, post-Halloween followers! Thanks Ewen!

      Delete
  5. Well done, Tom! If I hadn't been so busy getting a couple of interviews up, I would have linked to a number of your posts (that I'm just now catching up on). Great stuff, as usual. And I envy your decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, 2w2n. I appreciate the traffic from your site.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...