Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Six Million (- $5,999,997) Dollar Man

I found this Six Million Dollar Man action figure at a garage sale yesterday.  They were asking $5, but with a missing arm, I offered $3 and they accepted.  



I never had one of these as a child, but the neighbor kid did (that kid always had the toys I wanted!)


You can look through his "bionic eye" through the back of his head.  As a kid, I always thought that gave him a creepy look.  Be sure to make that "boo-boo-boo-boo-boo-boo-boo" sound effect when looking through it.



The folks at Kenner did the decent thing and put red underwear on him under his clothes.  Unlike G.I. Joe.  That dude was just *OUT THERE*.


He came with an extra pair of jeans.

The TV show had one of the best intros of the 70's and features actual footage of an M2-F2 crash that occurred on May 10, 1967.  Lee Majors' dialogue ("I can't hold it!  She's breaking up!") was taken from test pilot Bruce Peterson's actual conversation leading up to the crash.



My Steve Austin is going on eBay for parts.  Hopefully, someone out there has the technology to rebuild him.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I had one as a kid, and my wife got me a replacement Austin years ago. Still have him, with both arms intact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool Joe. Gotta love wives who go along with our obsessions. What is the button on his back supposed to do? Mine doesn't seem to do anything.

      Delete
    2. I think it raised his arm, if I remember correctly.

      Delete
  2. at least his GOOD arm was the one attached! too bad you didn't find a bigfoot to go with him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...