Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Magic Ever-Lit Candles

Trick candles are one of those things I always saw on TV or in comic book ads when I was a kid, but never had.  So naturally I had to pick some up when I saw them at a sale.  I love the graphics.  


I'm not sure when they date from, but look very 1950's or 60's. It has a patent # 59747 on it, but I can't find that number for US, Mexico, or any other country's patent.

Magic candles typically have a flammable metal such as magnesium in the wick.  Magnesium has a relatively low combustion temperature and the ember left after blowing out the candle is enough to reignite it.

Lousy non-edible candles.

There are nine candles left in the package, so I'm good for a few more years of my youngest kids' birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...