Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"T" is for "Table"

I took my 5-year-old daughter to an estate sale a couple weeks ago.  It was her idea, I swear.  She was mad because I had gone to another estate sale the day before without her.  The garage sale force is strong in this one. 

She found this and had to have it.  It was only $8 and to be honest, I was already eyeing it when she spotted it.  I love the drawings.  It's a "Babee-Tenda" Feed-and-Play Table.  Based on the drawings and the model of C for "Car", I would place it from the '50's.





The incorporation of Halloween was a plus for me





S for Santa...


...and X for Xmas.  Two Christmas references.



The table top insert is reversable and removable.  I wasn't sure what the trap door was for and thought it might  be to convert the chalkboard into an easel.  I was wrong.  More on that later.




I found a reference to a later model over on a similarily-themed blog.  According to that blog, the trap door is removed and becomes a seat for the baby.  I guess I'm missing the seat assembly the baby would sit in.  I found this ad on Retrosnark:


Apparently, they're still in business, but get very poor reviews from BBB and customers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom, I saw your 2010 post about the Toy N Joy vending machine. We just bought one, and it does have the keys, but we can't figure out how to get the panels off to fill the machine (the one we bought has seven machines all mounted on a large stand). Do you have any instructions you can share? L. M. Becker went out of business in 2010 so no help there... Thank you! Lara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...