Sunday, July 8, 2012

It Was the Summer of '69!

No, not the Brian Adam's song.  This is about one couple's trip to Wyoming, South Dakota and California during the summer of '69.  Yes, it's time for more slides.  These come from a large lot I picked up a few weeks ago at an estate sale.  More to come.  Hopefully, you will notice an improvement in my captures.  I finally sprung for a slide scanner.  I bought a standalone model, the SVP FS1700.  Not a brand I had ever heard of, but it received good reviews.  I've been very happy with it so far.  It only takes a second to scan a slide.  The loading mechanism is a little clunky and limited to 4 slides at a time, but once you get in a groove, it moves along pretty quickly.


 





Remember, don't feed the bears.






Is that bear missing an eye???

















Sam's Roast Beef Samwich (yes, SAMwich), in Downey, California.  A Banquet on a Bun!  Next door is an awesome Color Tile sign.





Here's to one-eyed bears, Samwiches and YOU!!! (with apologies to Charles Phoenix!)

1 comment:

  1. that's gotta be the japanese gardens in san francisco, but i'm not 100% certain. love that giant buddha! i think the bear looks sad and hungry. he's putting on his best "feed me!" face....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...