Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Snoopy Comes Home -- With Me

I picked these up at a sale on Susan Road last Saturday.  They were marked $5, but I got them for $3.  They probably date from the early '70's.



 I've always had a soft spot for Peanuts and Snoopy licensed products actually aren't that common as Charles Schulz was pretty protective of his properties.  I thought these were unusual and they reminded me of that scene in Snoopy Come Home where he's surfing at the beach (about 2:30 into the clip).

I don't have a boat and nobody I know water skis, so these are destined for eBay.

2 comments:

  1. just wait a minute... "Peanuts and Snoopy licensed products actually aren't that common"??

    leaving aside all the Snoppy (a friend's term for bad knock-offs) products, and only counting the official stuff, i think that Schultz is second only to Lucas in marketing the bejeezus out of his product. there is and was peanuts EVERYTHING. this post is a case in point... i mean... waterskis?? schultz was no fool. he got while the getting was good, and he stomped hard on people who tried to use his products without his permission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. > "Peanuts and Snoopy licensed products actually aren't that common"??

    Maybe I should rephrase that. I never *see* Peanuts licensed products at sales(aside from the occasional Snoopy Sno-cone machine).

    I know Avon had a license and there were the aforementioned Sno-cone machine along with the books, but I just don't recall a lot of Snoopy toys being available when I was a kid. I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...